It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 10, Book 09


When you spend your life doing what you love to do, you are nourishing your Soul. It matters not what you do, only that you love whatever you happen to do. Some of the happiest people I've known have been nannies, gardeners, and housekeepers. They put their hearts into their work, and they used the work itself as a vehicle to nourish their Souls. I've known other people with more prestigious professions who absolutely hated their jobs. What good is it to be a doctor or a professional if you do not genuinely love what you do? Working in a job you do not love does nothing to nourish your Soul.
Elisabeth Kuebler-Ross

A happy heart is like good medicine
But a broken spirit drains your strength

Proverbs 17:22

Good Morning !

I love being a grand’ma’ and a mom. I love keeping house and cooking and all that goes with it. It was what I always wanted for a career.
That’s probably why I’m hoping to retire. Not that there is any one here to keep house for anymore, but it is my house and I’d love to keep it better than I do.

It was mentioned in one of my comments that the translation I’m using to quote the Proverbs is different than theirs was. So I thought I’d let you know that for these I’m using the Inspirational Bible edited by Max Lucado. It’s one of the dozen or so different ones that I own. For my birthday I got myself a new Chronological Study Bible. It is full of references, maps and timelines. That one is the King James Version.

There is just never enough time it seems to do all I want to do, but I do try. I’m never bored and when of the end of day comes, I do sleep well too. The list of what I like to do is endless and the list of what I do that I don’t like to do seems endless sometimes too.



TODAY’S BLESSING

May you always have work for your hands to do.

May your pockets hold always a coin or two.

May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.

May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.

May the hand of a friend always be near you.

And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you


If you do not feel yourself growing in your

work and your life broadening and deepening,

if your task is not a perpetual tonic to you,

you have not found your place.

Orison Swett Marden




10 comments:

Kathy said...

So true, I hope you can retire soon and spend your whole day taking care of you and yours. Love your family pictures.

Joyce said...

I wish I had more time in my day...never enough. Sounded like a very nice gift...Have a great Tuesday...hugs and love,
Joyce

Kath said...

This posting describes me perfectly Ma.I love being around my home too.Only this morning when my Daughter called did she say.I don't know how you keep yourself so busy Mum to pass all the hours you spend alone.I am bored already I don't like my new job.I always say and you have probably heard me say it too in my comments.Never enough hours in a day for me.LOL!! Also No rest for the wicked but I don't think I am wicked far from.LOL!!I do hope you can decide soon when to retire yourself.Have a lovely day yourself.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Janie said...

There seems to be a lot of people who are either bored or lonely. It seems that I have always been so busy that I do not have time to get bored. I like to have some time alone at times but seem to have a hard time finding the time. lol The Lord has blessed me with family and friends. It has to be hard for those that don't have family or any friends. Hope your work load is easy today. Sure you are looking forward to retirement. It will be like 7 Saturdays a week. lol blessings, Janie

Sandra said...

I enjoyed all you nice pictures. I think you had a great birthday. you look good in your pictures, especially the one with the cake. life is good
Sandra

Jan said...

Maurice leaves each morning at 5 am ,I go back to sleep thinking about how I will fill my day ,he arrives back at six pm and I ,cant believe where the day went,once Im up there are so many exciting things to do ,its a clichet I know ,but where did I find time to go to work ...love Jan xx

scrappy quilter said...

I too hope you can retire soon. There is also something at my blog to pick up. Hugs

Pat said...

Thank you for leaving comments on my blog! I am so bad about commenting myself, it's something I intend to rectify. Love the photos and also the quotes, I must get round to reading your back postings too.
Pat

Hollie said...

I hope you can retire soon & be able to do more of the things that bring you great joy! I love being at home too.

a corgi said...

thanks Ma for telling me about what translation you are using, Max Lucado is one of my favorite authors. I really enjoy his writing. I know you will enjoy the Chronological Bible!

betty